Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Addiction Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Preventative Medicine® and American Osteopathic Addiction Medicine Examination Committee® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Addiction Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 391 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 180 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Addiction Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified in Addiction Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Addiction Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls addiction medicine prep questions, addiction medicine review questions, and addiction test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Addiction Medicine Examination. 231 authors and 3 editors have contributed to the development of the Addiction Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Addiction Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Addiction Medicine Exam?
The Addiction Medicine Exam is 4.5 hours.
How many questions is the Addiction Medicine Exam?
The Addiction Medicine Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the Addiction Medicine Exam?
Topics include: Definitions; Genetics, Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Principles, Pharmacology, Neurobiology of Addiction - 25%, Epidemiological Concepts, Epidemiological Trends of Substance Use Disorders, Prevention - 20%, Screening, Assessment, and Brief Intervention, Overview of Addiction Treatment, Management of Inpatient and Outpatient Intoxication and Withdrawal, Pharmacologic Interventions for Addictions, Behavioral Interventions, Co-Occurring and Medical Disorders among Patients with Alcohol and Other Drug Use and Addiction, Co-Occurring Psychiatric Disorders among Patients with Alcohol and Other Drug Use and Addiction, Pain and Addiction; and Ethical, Legal and Liability Issues in Addiction Practice - 15%
Addiction Medicine Exam MCQs (391)
Our question bank for the Addiction Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 3 questions
- Cardiovascular - 23 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 3 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 23 questions
- Eyes - 4 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 37 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 3 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 6 questions
- Infectious - 7 questions
- Integument - 4 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 16 questions
- Nervous - 130 questions
- Nutrition - 19 questions
- Obstetric - 15 questions
- Oncologic - 6 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 199 questions
- Pulmonary - 8 questions
- Renal - 2 questions
- Surgery - 6 questions
- Toxicology - 227 questions
- Trauma - 11 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 11 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 5 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 24 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 71 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 1 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 112 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 86 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 199 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 7 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 159 questions
- Classification - 30 questions
- Differential - 170 questions
- Epidemiology - 23 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 41 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 77 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 22 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 11 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 20 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 24 questions
- History Physical - 391 questions
- Legal - 8 questions
- Pathophysiology - 150 questions
- Patient Education - 37 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 191 questions
- Toxicology - 131 questions
- Treatment Medical - 191 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 15 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 5 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 10 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 66 questions
- Drug Information - 78 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 23 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
Addiction Medicine Exam Articles (180)
Temperament classification dates back as far as ancient Greece when Hippocrates proposed his humoral theory regarding the classifications of behavi ...
Drug and alcohol abuse is a common societal problem worldwide. Drug abuse re ...
Ataxia is a neurological sign that manifests in a lack of coordination in the movement of different muscles in the body.
As the need for behavioral intervention and long-term psychiatric care is steadily rising, alternative methods of treatment must be employed by phy ...
Opioid use disorder is the chronic use of opioids that causes clinically significant distress or impairment. Opioid use disorders affect over 16 mi ...