Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Anesthesiology®; and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesia® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 904 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 425 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Anesthesiology Resident subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Basic Anesthesiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls anesthesiology basic prep questions, anesthesiology basic review questions, and basic anesthesiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. 496 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the Basic Anesthesiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences (24%) - Anatomy, Physics, Monitoring & Anesthesia Devices, Mathmatics, Pharmacology; Clinical Sciences (36%) - Evaluation of the Patient & Preoperative Preparation, Regional Anesthesia, General Anesthesia, Monitored Anesthesia Care & Sedation, Intravenous Fluid Therapy during Anesthesia, Complication: Etiology, Prevention & Treatment, Postoperative Period; Organ-Based Basic Sciences & Clinical Sciences (37%) - Central & peripheral Nervous System, Respiratory System, Cardiovascular System, Gastrointestinal/Hepatic Systems, Reanl & Urinary Systems/Electrolyte Balance, Hematoligic System, Endocrine & Metabolic Systems, Neuromuscular Diseases & Disorders; and Special Problems and Issues In Anesthesiology (3%) - Physician Impairment or Disability, Ethics, Practice Management, & Medicolegal Issues
Basic Anesthesiology Exam MCQs (904)
Our question bank for the Basic Anesthesiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 24 questions
- Cardiovascular - 194 questions
- Connective Tissue - 7 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 103 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 37 questions
- Eyes - 19 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 80 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 21 questions
- Growth and Development - 5 questions
- Gynecologic - 7 questions
- Hematologic - 41 questions
- Infectious - 30 questions
- Integument - 11 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 132 questions
- Nervous - 326 questions
- Nutrition - 5 questions
- Obstetric - 42 questions
- Oncologic - 17 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 23 questions
- Pulmonary - 327 questions
- Renal - 19 questions
- Surgery - 470 questions
- Toxicology - 105 questions
- Trauma - 120 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 38 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 7 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 11 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 186 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 23 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 296 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 446 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 401 questions
- Classification - 111 questions
- Differential - 267 questions
- Epidemiology - 12 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 81 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 96 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 219 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 108 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 92 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 9 questions
- History Physical - 892 questions
- Legal - 3 questions
- Pathophysiology - 399 questions
- Patient Education - 9 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 626 questions
- Toxicology - 69 questions
- Treatment Medical - 685 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 6 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 3 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 395 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 46 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 158 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 7 questions
- Drug Information - 138 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 74 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 17 questions
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Articles (425)
Adaptive support ventilation (ASV) is a type of mechanical ventilation which is a relatively newer mode of closed-loop ventilation. The feature was ...
Procaine is a pharmaceutical medication belonging to the aminoester group of local anesthetics. German chemist Alfred Einhorn first synthesized the ...
The QT interval on an electrocardiogram (ECG) represents the duration of the ventricular action potential, and this physiologic ...
Trousseau’s sign for latent tetany is most commonly positive in the setting of hypocalcemia.
Almost half a million people seek medical care due to burn injuries every year. The anesthesiologist plays a critical role in the management o ...