Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Anesthesiology®; and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesia® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,374 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 638 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Anesthesiology Resident subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Basic Anesthesiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls anesthesiology basic prep questions, anesthesiology basic review questions, and basic anesthesiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. 707 authors and 18 editors have contributed to the development of the Basic Anesthesiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences - 12%, Clinical Sciences - 17%, Oran-Based Basic & Clinical Sciences - 19%, and Special Problems or Issues in Anesthesiology - 2%
Basic Anesthesiology Exam MCQs (1,374)
Our question bank for the Basic Anesthesiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 269 questions
- Connective Tissue - 9 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 133 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 69 questions
- Eyes - 40 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 124 questions
- Genetics - 8 questions
- Genitourinary - 45 questions
- Growth and Development - 11 questions
- Gynecologic - 20 questions
- Hematologic - 53 questions
- Infectious - 47 questions
- Integument - 23 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 244 questions
- Nervous - 583 questions
- Nutrition - 7 questions
- Obstetric - 64 questions
- Oncologic - 38 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 28 questions
- Pulmonary - 447 questions
- Renal - 26 questions
- Surgery - 709 questions
- Toxicology - 124 questions
- Trauma - 192 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 52 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 8 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 11 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 3 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 253 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 47 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 467 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 1 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 684 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 4 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 4 questions
- Causes - 577 questions
- Classification - 158 questions
- Differential - 372 questions
- Epidemiology - 11 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 128 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 128 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 311 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 202 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 164 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 8 questions
- History Physical - 1360 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 587 questions
- Patient Education - 13 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 909 questions
- Toxicology - 78 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1053 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 8 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 4 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 620 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 64 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 188 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 7 questions
- Drug Information - 178 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 85 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 19 questions
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Articles (638)
Optic nerve sheath decompression, more commonly known as optic nerve sheath fenestration (ONSF), is a surgical procedure performed to decompress th ...
Suprapubic catheterization refers to the placement of a drainage tube into the urinary bladder just above the pubic symphysis. This is typical ...
Mastering the skill of endotracheal intubation to secure an airway plays a critical role in many settings such as pre-hospital environments, emerge ...
The creation of the first blood gas apparatus can be attributed to John Severinghaus, Leland Clark, and multiple other inventors with their re ...
The autonomic nervous system (ANS) consists of general visceral efferent (GVE) fibers that create a motor response due to general visceral afferent ...