Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Anesthesiology®; and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesia® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,478 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 673 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Anesthesiology Resident subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Basic Anesthesiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls anesthesiology basic prep questions, anesthesiology basic review questions, and basic anesthesiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Basic Anesthesiology Examination. 737 authors and 15 editors have contributed to the development of the Basic Anesthesiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
The Basic Anesthesiology Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Basic Anesthesiology Exam?
Topics include: Basic Sciences - 12%, Clinical Sciences - 17%, Oran-Based Basic & Clinical Sciences - 19%, and Special Problems or Issues in Anesthesiology - 2%
Basic Anesthesiology Exam MCQs (1,478)
Our question bank for the Basic Anesthesiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 303 questions
- Connective Tissue - 11 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 147 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 66 questions
- Eyes - 44 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 134 questions
- Genetics - 9 questions
- Genitourinary - 37 questions
- Growth and Development - 13 questions
- Gynecologic - 17 questions
- Hematologic - 55 questions
- Infectious - 47 questions
- Integument - 29 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 258 questions
- Nervous - 658 questions
- Nutrition - 10 questions
- Obstetric - 69 questions
- Oncologic - 46 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 30 questions
- Pulmonary - 482 questions
- Renal - 24 questions
- Surgery - 755 questions
- Toxicology - 135 questions
- Trauma - 201 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 65 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 13 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 2 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 288 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 56 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 526 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 2 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 780 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Causes - 639 questions
- Classification - 182 questions
- Differential - 426 questions
- Epidemiology - 14 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 141 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 142 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 344 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 222 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 185 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 11 questions
- History Physical - 1494 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 660 questions
- Patient Education - 16 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1014 questions
- Toxicology - 90 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1126 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 697 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 81 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 219 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 9 questions
- Drug Information - 190 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 99 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 24 questions
Basic Anesthesiology Exam Articles (673)
Humans are highly aerobic organisms consuming oxygen per metabolic demand. In aerobic respirat ...
The term pheochromocytoma first described by Mr. Pick in 1912. Pheochromocytoma is a tumor that arises from chromaffin cells present in the adrenal ...
Compartment syndrome occurs when pressures increase within a fixed cavity of the body, leading to ischemia, muscle damage, and organ dysfunction. T ...
Asystole, colloquially referred to as flatline, represents the cessation of electrical and mechanical activity of the heart. Asystole typically occ ...
The volume of distribution (Vd) is a pharmacokinetic parameter representing an individual drug’s propensity to either remain in the plasma or ...