Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the America Osteopathic Board of Surgery® and American Board of Thoracic Surgery® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 689 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 340 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Primary Certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Cardiothoracic Surgeron subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls cardiothoracic surgery prep questions, cardiothoracic surgery review questions, and cardiothoracic surgery test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Primary Certification in Cardiothoracic Surgery . 355 authors and 4 editors have contributed to the development of the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam Overview
How many hours is the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
The Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam?
Topics include: Basic Science: 1-3%, Cardiac & Cardiac Surgery: 49-53%, Chest: 105%, Esophagus: 2-5%, Mediastinal (Mediasinum): 1-4%, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: 1-3%, Other: 6-8%, Pulmonary: 2-6%, Thoracic: 23-27%, and Trauma: 1-3%
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam MCQs (689)
Our question bank for the Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 3 questions
- Cardiovascular - 707 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 10 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 6 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 19 questions
- Genetics - 5 questions
- Genitourinary - 1 questions
- Growth and Development - 52 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 26 questions
- Infectious - 43 questions
- Integument - 5 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 16 questions
- Nervous - 21 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 5 questions
- Oncologic - 43 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 130 questions
- Renal - 3 questions
- Surgery - 349 questions
- Toxicology - 3 questions
- Trauma - 43 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 18 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 13 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 16 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 235 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 279 questions
- Causes - 264 questions
- Classification - 103 questions
- Differential - 268 questions
- Epidemiology - 16 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 197 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 81 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 69 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 194 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 363 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 3 questions
- History Physical - 708 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 274 questions
- Patient Education - 15 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 471 questions
- Toxicology - 2 questions
- Treatment Medical - 180 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 2 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 5 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 500 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 21 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 17 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 1 questions
- Drug Information - 16 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 7 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 4 questions
Cardiothoracic Surgery Exam Articles (340)
Ebstein anomaly is a rare congenital abnormality involving the tricuspid valve and the right ventricle.
Holt-Oram syndrome also referred to as the heart-hand syndrome, is an autosomal dominant disorder that is characterized by upper limb abnormalities ...
Fibrinogen is a 340kDa hexameric plasma glycoprotein synthesized by the liver. There are three different genes on chromosome 4 which encode the syn ...
Cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) answered one of the toughest questions in the history of medicine: Can we operate on human hearts without killing the ...
Tricuspid valve infective endocarditis (TVIE) is an uncommon entity, especially when compared to left-sided infective endocarditis. Right-sided inf ...