Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Critical Care Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the The American Board of Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Critical Care Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 2,592 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,380 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Critical Care Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Critical Care Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Critical Care Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls critical care prep questions, critical care review questions, and critical care test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Critical Care Examination. 1,302 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Critical Care Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Critical Care Exam Overview
How many hours is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 5-8 hours.
How many questions is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 200-240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Critical Care Exam?
Topics include: Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolic - 15%, Cardiovascular - 17.5%, Pulmonary - 20%, ID - 12%, GI - 5%, Neurologic - 9.5%, Hem/Onc - 5.5%, Surgery and Trauma - 7%, Pharmacology - 4.5%, Research and Ethics - 2%, and CC Ultrasound - 2%
Critical Care Exam MCQs (2,592)
Our question bank for the Critical Care Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 66 questions
- Cardiovascular - 906 questions
- Connective Tissue - 25 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 93 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 248 questions
- Eyes - 16 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 360 questions
- Genetics - 9 questions
- Genitourinary - 44 questions
- Growth and Development - 3 questions
- Gynecologic - 8 questions
- Hematologic - 243 questions
- Infectious - 661 questions
- Integument - 67 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 127 questions
- Nervous - 655 questions
- Nutrition - 30 questions
- Obstetric - 24 questions
- Oncologic - 97 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 81 questions
- Pulmonary - 847 questions
- Renal - 207 questions
- Surgery - 303 questions
- Toxicology - 413 questions
- Trauma - 307 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 55 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 15 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 428 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 28 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 866 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 24 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1152 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 6 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 19 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 10 questions
- Causes - 1335 questions
- Classification - 205 questions
- Differential - 1354 questions
- Epidemiology - 39 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 690 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 988 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 461 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 4 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 432 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 879 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 20 questions
- History Physical - 2755 questions
- Legal - 18 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1374 questions
- Patient Education - 19 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1878 questions
- Toxicology - 290 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1783 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 3 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 15 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 357 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 22 questions
- Clinical Education - 61 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 362 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 299 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 161 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 22 questions
Critical Care Exam Articles (1,380)
Injuries to the vertebral artery may either be traumatic or spontaneous. Traumatic injuries are most frequently due to blunt injury to the head and ...
Foscarnet is an FDA-approved antiviral therapy used to treat cytomegalovirus (CMV) and CMV-associated ophthalmic retinitis in individuals ...
Laparoscopic surgery has gained increasing popularity in clinical practice. As part of laparoscopic surgeries, gas insufflation is usually adopted ...
Over one-quarter of United States citizens suffer from chronic pain. It is among the most co ...
Supplemental oxygen therapy is one of the more commonly prescribed interventions used by physicians when caring for hypoxic patients acutely. This ...