Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Critical Care Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the The American Board of Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Critical Care Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 2,013 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,081 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Critical Care Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Critical Care Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Critical Care Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls critical care prep questions, critical care review questions, and critical care test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Critical Care Examination. 1,088 authors and 22 editors have contributed to the development of the Critical Care Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Critical Care Exam Overview
How many hours is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 5-8 hours.
How many questions is the Critical Care Exam?
The Critical Care Exam is 200-240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Critical Care Exam?
Topics include: Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolic - 15%, Cardiovascular - 17.5%, Pulmonary - 20%, ID - 12%, GI - 5%, Neurologic - 9.5%, Hem/Onc - 5.5%, Surgery and Trauma - 7%, Pharmacology - 4.5%, Research and Ethics - 2%, and CC Ultrasound - 2%
Critical Care Exam MCQs (2,013)
Our question bank for the Critical Care Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 55 questions
- Cardiovascular - 714 questions
- Connective Tissue - 18 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 74 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 193 questions
- Eyes - 13 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 265 questions
- Genetics - 4 questions
- Genitourinary - 42 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 203 questions
- Infectious - 526 questions
- Integument - 52 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 89 questions
- Nervous - 511 questions
- Nutrition - 23 questions
- Obstetric - 17 questions
- Oncologic - 65 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 56 questions
- Pulmonary - 698 questions
- Renal - 167 questions
- Surgery - 209 questions
- Toxicology - 308 questions
- Trauma - 233 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 37 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 13 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 4 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 293 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 22 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 649 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 15 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 838 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 6 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 16 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 8 questions
- Causes - 1014 questions
- Classification - 137 questions
- Differential - 1051 questions
- Epidemiology - 30 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 555 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 790 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 367 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 335 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 680 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 11 questions
- History Physical - 2136 questions
- Legal - 12 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1021 questions
- Patient Education - 16 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1392 questions
- Toxicology - 210 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1406 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 4 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 269 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 18 questions
- Clinical Education - 48 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 252 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 203 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 112 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 15 questions
Critical Care Exam Articles (1,081)
Empyema is defined as a collection of pus in the pleural cavity, gram-positive, or culture from the pleural fluid. Empyema is usually associated wi ...
According to the National Safety Council’s statistics, foreign-body airway obstruction (FBAO) is the fourth leading cause of unintentional de ...
Anthracyclines are drugs extracted from used in the treatment of various types of cancers. The different types avai ...
An arterial pseudoaneurysm, AKA false aneurysm, is caused by damage to the arterial wall, resulting in locally contained hematoma with turbulent bl ...
Methylene blue has FDA approval for the treatment of methemoglobinemia, a condition when Fe2+ of hemoglobin gets oxidized to Fe3+, reducing the oxy ...