Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Emergency Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine®; and American Board of Emergency Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Emergency Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 4,146 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,607 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Emergency Certification Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Emergency Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Emergency Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls emergency medicine prep questions, emergency medicine review questions, and emergency medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Emergency Certification Examination. 1,500 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Emergency Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Emergency Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Emergency Medicine Exam?
The Emergency Medicine Exam is 6 - 8 hours.
How many questions is the Emergency Medicine Exam?
The Emergency Medicine Exam is 300 - 325 questions.
What topics are covered on the Emergency Medicine Exam?
Topics include: AOBEM® - Abdominal and gastrointestinal disorders: 7-9%, Cardiovascular disorders: 8-10%, Cutaneous disorders: 2-4%, Endocrine, metabolic and nutritional disorders: 4-6%, Environmental disorders: 2-4%, Head, ear, eye, nose and throat disorders: 4-6%, Hematologic and immune system disorders: 3-5%, Systemic infectious disorders: 5-7%, Musculoskeletal disorders (nontraumatic): 4-6%, Nervous system disorders: 4-6%, Obstetrics and gynecology disorders: 1-4%, Psychobehavioral disorders: 3-5%, Renal and urogenital disorders: 4-6%, Thoracic respiratory disorders: 7-9%, Toxicological disorders/Clinical pharmacy: 2-4%, Traumatic disorders and disaster medicine: 10-12%, Administrative aspects of emergency medicine/EMS: 2-4%, Procedures/skills: 7-9%; and ABEM® -Medical Knowledge, Patient Care, and Procedural Skills; Signs, Symptoms and Presentations - 10%, Abdominal & Gastrointestinal Disorders - 7%, Cardiovascular Disorders - 10%, Cutaneous Disorders - 3%, Endocrine, Metabolic & Nutritional Disorders - 5%, Environmental Disorders - 2%, Head, Ear, Eye, Nose & Throat Disorders - 4%, Hematologic Disorders - 3%, Immune System Disorders - 2%, Systemic Infectious Disorders - 7%, Musculoskeletal Disorders (Non-traumatic) - 3%, Nervous System Disorders - 6%, Obstetrics and Gynecology - 3%, Psychobehavioral Disorders - 2%, Renal and Urogenital Disorders - 3%, Thoracic-Respiratory Disorders - 7%, Toxicologic Disorders - 4%, Traumatic Disorders - 9%, Procedures & Skills - 8%, Other Components - 2%, Acuity Frames: Target: Critical - 30%, Emergent - 40%, Lower Acuity - 21%, and None - 9%
Emergency Medicine Exam MCQs (4,146)
Our question bank for the Emergency Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 77 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1008 questions
- Connective Tissue - 59 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 299 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 238 questions
- Eyes - 142 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 558 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 207 questions
- Growth and Development - 10 questions
- Gynecologic - 59 questions
- Hematologic - 173 questions
- Infectious - 1008 questions
- Integument - 252 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 726 questions
- Nervous - 945 questions
- Nutrition - 19 questions
- Obstetric - 99 questions
- Oncologic - 50 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 143 questions
- Pulmonary - 620 questions
- Renal - 183 questions
- Surgery - 219 questions
- Toxicology - 536 questions
- Trauma - 1169 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 8 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 75 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 44 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 52 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 7 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 323 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 40 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1100 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 56 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1287 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 5 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 17 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 7 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 6 questions
- Causes - 1842 questions
- Classification - 306 questions
- Differential - 2016 questions
- Epidemiology - 86 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 811 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1016 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 340 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 461 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1264 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 58 questions
- History Physical - 4266 questions
- Legal - 42 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1679 questions
- Patient Education - 66 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1892 questions
- Toxicology - 323 questions
- Treatment Medical - 2121 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 25 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 97 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 6 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 462 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 27 questions
- Clinical Education - 60 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 292 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 240 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 89 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
Emergency Medicine Exam Articles (1,607)
Pharyngitis, more commonly described as sore throat, represents inflammation or irritation of the posterior oropharynx. While the majority of cases ...
The Hippocratic Oath instructs physicians and other medical providers to first, “do no harm”. Similarly, the three ethical principles l ...
Intertrigo is a superficial inflammatory skin condition of the skin's flexural surfaces, prompted or irritated by warm temperatures, friction, mois ...
Rapid ECG interpretation can reveal arrhythmias before a patient becomes symptomatic. An ECG can reveal underlying cardiac problems and uncover ele ...
Sinus squeeze, also known as barosinusitis and aerosinusitis, is irritation of the mucosal lining in the paranasal sinuses as a resu ...