Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the MRCS Part A Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the Royal College of Surgeons of England® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the MRCS Part A Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 5,164 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,511 PubMed indexed review articles related to the MRCS Part A Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical MRCS Student subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test MRCS Part A Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls MRCS review questions, MRCS prep questions, MRCS qbank, MRCS practice questions will help you achieve a top score on the MRCS Part A Exam. 2,192 authors and 23 editors have contributed to the development of the MRCS Part A Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
MRCS Part A Exam Overview
How many hours is the MRCS Part A Exam?
The MRCS Part A Exam is 5 hours.
How many questions is the MRCS Part A Exam?
The MRCS Part A Exam is 300 questions.
What topics are covered on the MRCS Part A Exam?
Topics include: Module 1: basic science knowledge relevant to surgical practice, Module 2: common surgical conditions, Module 3: basic surgical skills Module 4: the assessment and management of the surgical patient, Module 5: perioperative care of the surgical patient, Module 6: assessment and early treatment of the patient with trauma, Module 7: surgical care of the paediatric patient, Module 8: management of the dying patient, Module 9: organ and tissue transplantation, and Module 10: professional behaviour and leadership skills.
MRCS Part A Exam MCQs (5,164)
Our question bank for the MRCS Part A Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 67 questions
- Cardiovascular - 982 questions
- Connective Tissue - 136 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 369 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 396 questions
- Eyes - 92 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1886 questions
- Genetics - 57 questions
- Genitourinary - 341 questions
- Growth and Development - 122 questions
- Gynecologic - 182 questions
- Hematologic - 233 questions
- Infectious - 524 questions
- Integument - 384 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 1384 questions
- Nervous - 968 questions
- Nutrition - 69 questions
- Obstetric - 72 questions
- Oncologic - 775 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 39 questions
- Pulmonary - 417 questions
- Renal - 156 questions
- Surgery - 1773 questions
- Toxicology - 88 questions
- Trauma - 1438 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 4 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 145 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 26 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 62 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 25 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 251 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 110 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 2067 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 15 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2299 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 2 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 9 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 11 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 3 questions
- Causes - 2651 questions
- Classification - 832 questions
- Differential - 2303 questions
- Epidemiology - 100 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 1001 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 913 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 389 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 43 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 880 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 2002 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 55 questions
- History Physical - 5546 questions
- Legal - 13 questions
- Pathophysiology - 2865 questions
- Patient Education - 146 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 3026 questions
- Toxicology - 56 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1419 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 37 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 38 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 40 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 18 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 2011 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 14 questions
- Clinical Education - 160 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 164 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 178 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 60 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 16 questions
MRCS Part A Exam Articles (2,511)
Foot ulceration is among the most common health issues, and its prevalence has increased recently. It is one of the major causes of amput ...
The medial meniscus is a crescent-shaped, cartilaginous band found between the medial tibia and medial femur. The primary function is to decrease t ...
Mucocele of the gallbladder is a condition caused by the prolonged blockage of the cystic duct, usually by an impacted gallstone. Another name for ...
Administration of fluid resuscitation is essential in critically ill children. Fluid management is critical when providing acute care in the emerge ...
Drug or pill-induced esophagitis is esophageal mucosal injury caused by the medications and usually refers to a direct toxic effect on esophageal m ...