Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Geriatric Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Internal Medicine® and American Board of Osteopathic Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Geriatric Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 3,302 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,035 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Geriatrics Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Geriatric Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls geriatric prep questions, geriatric review questions, and geriatric test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Geriatrics Medicine Examination. 1,812 authors and 22 editors have contributed to the development of the Geriatric Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Geriatric Exam Overview
How many hours is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 10 hours.
How many questions is the Geriatric Exam?
The Geriatric Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Geriatric Exam?
Topics include: Gerontology - 5%, Diseases in the Elderly - 45%, Geriatric Psychiatry - 8.5%, Geriatric Syndromes - 22.5%, Functional Assessment, and Rehabilitation - 3%, and Caring for Elderly Patients - 16%
Geriatric Exam MCQs (3,302)
Our question bank for the Geriatric Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 83 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1065 questions
- Connective Tissue - 73 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 106 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 396 questions
- Eyes - 108 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 576 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 225 questions
- Growth and Development - 1 questions
- Gynecologic - 32 questions
- Hematologic - 237 questions
- Infectious - 508 questions
- Integument - 203 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 413 questions
- Nervous - 793 questions
- Nutrition - 84 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 402 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 227 questions
- Pulmonary - 470 questions
- Renal - 302 questions
- Surgery - 236 questions
- Toxicology - 226 questions
- Trauma - 118 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 4 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 58 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 13 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 56 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 30 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 531 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 21 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1079 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 73 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1476 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 31 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 6 questions
- Causes - 1848 questions
- Classification - 221 questions
- Differential - 1621 questions
- Epidemiology - 86 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 924 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1148 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 290 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 13 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 590 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 915 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 75 questions
- History Physical - 3575 questions
- Legal - 26 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1993 questions
- Patient Education - 131 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1972 questions
- Toxicology - 184 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1903 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 27 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 21 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 18 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 297 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 36 questions
- Clinical Education - 24 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 505 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 466 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 186 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 46 questions
Geriatric Exam Articles (2,035)
Neutropenic enterocolitis (NE) has been a life-threatening condition with a mortality rate of 30% to 50%.
The use of thiazolidinediones, also called "glitazones," in managing type 2 diabetes can help with glycemic control and insulin resistance.&nb ...
Heart failure (HF) is a major cause of morbidity and mortality in the United States and worldwide. It is only second to pancreatic cancer with the ...
The constellation of motor pathways within the human central and peripheral nervous system involves two entities that guide voluntary movement: upp ...
Pentoxifylline (PTXF) is a vasoactive agent that improves the flow of blood by reducing its viscosity. It is FDA approved for the symp ...