Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Infectious Disease Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Internal Medicine® and Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Infectious Disease Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 2,471 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 882 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Infectious Disease Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Infectious Control Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Infectious Disease Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls infection control prep questions, infection control review questions, and infection control test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Infectious Disease Examination. 840 authors and 18 editors have contributed to the development of the Infectious Disease Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Infectious Disease Exam Overview
How many hours is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the Infectious Disease Exam?
The Infectious Disease Exam is 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Infectious Disease Exam?
Topics include: Bacterial Diseases - 27%, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection - 15%, Antimicrobial Therapy - 9%, Viral Diseases - 7%, Travel and Tropical Medicine - 5%, Fungi - 5%, Immunocompromised Host (Non-HIV Infection) - 5%, Vaccinations - 4%, Infection Prevention and Control - 5%, General Internal Medicine, Critical Care, and Surgery - 18%
Infectious Disease Exam MCQs (2,471)
Our question bank for the Infectious Disease Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 112 questions
- Cardiovascular - 141 questions
- Connective Tissue - 47 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 115 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 38 questions
- Eyes - 120 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 456 questions
- Genetics - 12 questions
- Genitourinary - 190 questions
- Growth and Development - 7 questions
- Gynecologic - 50 questions
- Hematologic - 147 questions
- Infectious - 2630 questions
- Integument - 330 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 150 questions
- Nervous - 383 questions
- Nutrition - 3 questions
- Obstetric - 70 questions
- Oncologic - 68 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 17 questions
- Pulmonary - 469 questions
- Renal - 85 questions
- Surgery - 75 questions
- Toxicology - 86 questions
- Trauma - 44 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 9 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 10 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 38 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 82 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 311 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 8 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 558 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 4 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 810 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 1 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 1235 questions
- Classification - 138 questions
- Differential - 1463 questions
- Epidemiology - 147 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 983 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1153 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 142 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 10 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 396 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 649 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 156 questions
- History Physical - 2535 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1231 questions
- Patient Education - 61 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1289 questions
- Toxicology - 75 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1370 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 1 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 136 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 14 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 370 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 269 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 124 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 23 questions
Infectious Disease Exam Articles (882)
Pentamidine is a broad-spectrum anti-infective agent active against several parasitic worms, protozoa, and fungi. It has been used in the trea ...
Rifaximin is a nonabsorbable oral antibiotic. Rifaximin has a broad spectrum of activity against both gram-negative and gram-positive anaerobic and ...
In the United States, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved ritonavir in 1996 to treat HIV. After saquinavir, it was the second ...
Since its discovery in 1882, tuberculosis (TB) has long been established as a potentially lethal infectious disease with severe complications to it ...
Body lice are parasitic insects that feed on human blood. The three types of lice that feed on humans are the head louse,