Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Internal Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Internal Medicine®, American Osteopathic Board of Internal Medicine®; and The European Board of Internal Medicine topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Internal Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 6,702 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 2,965 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Internal Medicine Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Internal Medicine Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Internal Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls internal medicine prep questions, internal medicine review questions, and internal medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Internal Medicine Examination . 2,406 authors and 32 editors have contributed to the development of the Internal Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Internal Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Internal Medicine Exam?
The Internal Medicine Exam is AOA® - 7 and ABIM® - 10 hours.
How many questions is the Internal Medicine Exam?
The Internal Medicine Exam is AOA® - 320 and ABIM® 240 questions.
What topics are covered on the Internal Medicine Exam?
Topics include: Allergy/Immunology: 1-5%, Cardiovascular disease: 10-14%, Endocrinology: 7-11%, Hematology: 4-8%, Gastroenterology: 9-13%, Oncology: 6-10%, Nephrology/Hypertension: 8-12%, Rheumatology: 6-10%, Pulmonary diseases: 9-13%, Infectious disease: 8-12%, Dermatology: 1-4%, Otorhinolaryngology: 1-4%, Neurology: 2-6%, Ophthalmology: 1-4%, Psychiatry: 1-4%, Miscellaneous: 1-4%, Adolescent medicine: 1-4%, Bioethics: 1-4%, Critical care medicine: 1-4%, Clinical epidemiology: 6-10%, Disease prevention: 1-4%, Geriatric medicine: 2-6%, Nutrition: 3-7%, Occupational medicine: 1-4%, Substance abuse: 1-4%, and OMM/OMT: 1-4%
Internal Medicine Exam MCQs (6,702)
Our question bank for the Internal Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 352 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1678 questions
- Connective Tissue - 274 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 262 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 1057 questions
- Eyes - 171 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1423 questions
- Genetics - 148 questions
- Genitourinary - 379 questions
- Growth and Development - 19 questions
- Gynecologic - 157 questions
- Hematologic - 598 questions
- Infectious - 1604 questions
- Integument - 572 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 715 questions
- Nervous - 1345 questions
- Nutrition - 126 questions
- Obstetric - 102 questions
- Oncologic - 728 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 324 questions
- Pulmonary - 877 questions
- Renal - 543 questions
- Surgery - 315 questions
- Toxicology - 481 questions
- Trauma - 219 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 16 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 54 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 39 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 117 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 27 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 925 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 46 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 1871 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 94 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 2528 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 8 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 11 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 8 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 7 questions
- Causes - 3439 questions
- Classification - 405 questions
- Differential - 3511 questions
- Epidemiology - 203 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 2019 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 2616 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 516 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 43 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 1180 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1751 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 177 questions
- History Physical - 7189 questions
- Legal - 13 questions
- Pathophysiology - 3463 questions
- Patient Education - 258 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 3619 questions
- Toxicology - 348 questions
- Treatment Medical - 3672 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 35 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 12 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 32 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 19 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 429 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 14 questions
- Clinical Education - 47 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 873 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 4 questions
- Drug Information - 829 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 331 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 75 questions
Internal Medicine Exam Articles (2,965)
Polyneuropathies are dysfunction in multiple nerves and divided into 2 broad categories: axonal or demyelinating. Axonal neuropathies cause sy ...
Goiter simply refers to the enlargement of the thyroid gland. It can be due to various causes with the dietary iodine deficiency being the most com ...
An aneurysm is an abnormal dilatation or bulging in a blood vessel due to the intrinsic weakness of the vessel wall.
Healthcare providers prescribe medications for various diseases. These medications can be divided into two sub-categories: non-controlled and contr ...
Iron Dextran is an injectable low-molecular-weight ferric hydroxide complex indicated for patients with iron deficiency anemia where oral iron ther ...