Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Hospital Medicine Board Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board Internal Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Hospital Medicine Board Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 3,369 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 1,185 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Certification Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Hospitalist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Hospital Medicine Board Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls hospital medicine prep questions, hospital medicine review questions, and hospital medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine Certification Exam. 1,114 authors and 20 editors have contributed to the development of the Hospital Medicine Board Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Hospital Medicine Board Exam Overview
How many hours is the Hospital Medicine Board Exam?
The Hospital Medicine Board Exam is 8 hours.
How many questions is the Hospital Medicine Board Exam?
The Hospital Medicine Board Exam is 220 questions.
What topics are covered on the Hospital Medicine Board Exam?
Topics include: Inpatient and Transition Care of Disorders in: Cardiovascular - 12%; Pulmonary and Critical Care - 12.5%; GI and Hepatic - 10.5%; Nephrologic and Urologic - 8.5%; Endocrinologic - 5%; Hematologic and Oncologic - 3.5%; Neurologic - 7.5%; Allergy, Immunologic, Dermatologic, and Rheumatologic; Palliative, Medical Ethics, and Decision-make - 6.5%; Consultative Co-Management - 15%, and Quality, Safety, and Clinical Reasoning - 15%
Hospital Medicine Board Exam MCQs (3,369)
Our question bank for the Hospital Medicine Board Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 177 questions
- Cardiovascular - 1059 questions
- Connective Tissue - 136 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 74 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 499 questions
- Eyes - 66 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 858 questions
- Genetics - 27 questions
- Genitourinary - 158 questions
- Growth and Development - 2 questions
- Gynecologic - 29 questions
- Hematologic - 373 questions
- Infectious - 930 questions
- Integument - 139 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 184 questions
- Nervous - 654 questions
- Nutrition - 36 questions
- Obstetric - 39 questions
- Oncologic - 326 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 77 questions
- Pulmonary - 653 questions
- Renal - 372 questions
- Surgery - 210 questions
- Toxicology - 131 questions
- Trauma - 96 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 2 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 28 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 23 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 37 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 13 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 313 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 26 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 947 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 17 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 1122 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 6 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 3 questions
- Causes - 1689 questions
- Classification - 176 questions
- Differential - 1822 questions
- Epidemiology - 109 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 1149 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 1577 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 321 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 21 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 645 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 1093 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 68 questions
- History Physical - 3546 questions
- Legal - 7 questions
- Pathophysiology - 1772 questions
- Patient Education - 89 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 1809 questions
- Toxicology - 82 questions
- Treatment Medical - 1788 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 11 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 9 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 13 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 5 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 242 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 6 questions
- Clinical Education - 36 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 304 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 3 questions
- Drug Information - 205 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 99 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 12 questions
Hospital Medicine Board Exam Articles (1,185)
Autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease (ADPKD) is a hereditary disorder of the kidneys characterized by markedly enlarged kidneys with e ...
The term “cardiac contusion” has been used to describe an injury to the heart af ...
Infectious diseases are a significant cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. On occasion, nuclear medicine modalities can play a role in helpi ...
Cosyntropin stimulation test (CST) is a frequently used dynamic test for the evaluation of the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis in patient ...
Chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), -positive, is classified as a myeloproliferative neoplasm predominantly composed of prol ...