Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Nutrition Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the National Board of Physician Nutrition Specialists® NBPNS® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Nutrition Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 519 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 198 PubMed indexed review articles related to the NBPNS® Examination. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Nutrition Medicine Medical Doctor subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Nutrition Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls nutrition prep questions, nutrition review questions, and nutrition test questions will help you achieve a top score on the NBPNS® Examination. 233 authors and 3 editors have contributed to the development of the Nutrition Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Nutrition Exam Overview
How many hours is the Nutrition Exam?
The Nutrition Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Nutrition Exam?
The Nutrition Exam is 250 questions.
What topics are covered on the Nutrition Exam?
Topics include: General Aspects of Nutrition - 10%, Wellness Promotion - 5%, Nutrients and Integrative Nutrition - 20%, Nutritional Status Assessment - 7%, Obesity - 25%, Disease-Specific Nutrition - 23%, and Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition Support - 8%
Nutrition Exam MCQs (519)
Our question bank for the Nutrition Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 14 questions
- Cardiovascular - 46 questions
- Connective Tissue - 6 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 2 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 211 questions
- Eyes - 17 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 169 questions
- Genetics - 12 questions
- Genitourinary - 7 questions
- Growth and Development - 21 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 33 questions
- Infectious - 19 questions
- Integument - 44 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 24 questions
- Nervous - 54 questions
- Nutrition - 393 questions
- Obstetric - 10 questions
- Oncologic - 11 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 32 questions
- Pulmonary - 5 questions
- Renal - 16 questions
- Surgery - 44 questions
- Toxicology - 32 questions
- Trauma - 2 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 4 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 42 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 15 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 79 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 3 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 191 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 12 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 258 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 7 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 2 questions
- Causes - 265 questions
- Classification - 37 questions
- Differential - 225 questions
- Epidemiology - 26 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 82 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 187 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 32 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 31 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 29 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 41 questions
- History Physical - 532 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 313 questions
- Patient Education - 99 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 293 questions
- Toxicology - 28 questions
- Treatment Medical - 241 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 2 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 3 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 44 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 2 questions
- Clinical Education - 4 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 51 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 2 questions
- Drug Information - 57 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 25 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 6 questions
Nutrition Exam Articles (198)
Body dysmorphic disorder, or BDD, formally known as dysmorphophobia, is a psychiatric condition defined in the DSM 5 as a preoccupation with a perc ...
Zinc is a transition metal usually present in nature in its divalent state. It is considered an essential mineral as it is necessary for the produc ...
In neonates, meconium Ileus (MI) is one of the earliest manifestations in patients with cystic fibrosis (CF). It presents in up to 20% of patients ...
Obesity is a chronic disease with increasing prevalence worldwide, not only in adults but also in adolescents and children, and is now conside ...
Newborn screening is a state-run healthcare initiative that encompasses the process of parental education, infant screening, appropriate follow-up, ...