Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Pain Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology®, American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry®, American Board of Anesthesiology®, and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology®, and American Board of Pain Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Pain Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 928 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 400 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Pain Medicine Certification Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pain Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a pre- and post-test Pain Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls pain medicine prep questions, pain medicine review questions, and pain medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Pain Medicine Certification Exam. 429 authors and 12 editors have contributed to the development of the Pain Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Pain Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Pain Medicine Exam?
The Pain Medicine Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Pain Medicine Exam?
The Pain Medicine Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Pain Medicine Exam?
Topics include: General Pain Systems, Assessment and Psychology of Pain,Treatment of Pain: Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, adverse effects, drug interactions, and indications/contraindications, and Treatment of Pain: Other Methods, Clinical States: Taxonomy, Tissue Pain, and Visceral Pain
Pain Medicine Exam MCQs (928)
Our question bank for the Pain Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 7 questions
- Cardiovascular - 29 questions
- Connective Tissue - 37 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 7 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 15 questions
- Eyes - 5 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 45 questions
- Genitourinary - 29 questions
- Gynecologic - 18 questions
- Hematologic - 9 questions
- Infectious - 24 questions
- Integument - 16 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 457 questions
- Nervous - 757 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 13 questions
- Oncologic - 89 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 29 questions
- Pulmonary - 25 questions
- Renal - 10 questions
- Surgery - 152 questions
- Toxicology - 48 questions
- Trauma - 76 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 3 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 13 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 6 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 174 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 19 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 298 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 10 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 447 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 331 questions
- Classification - 88 questions
- Differential - 375 questions
- Epidemiology - 22 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 79 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 43 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 35 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 102 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 190 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 6 questions
- History Physical - 968 questions
- Legal - 8 questions
- Pathophysiology - 406 questions
- Patient Education - 30 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 535 questions
- Toxicology - 34 questions
- Treatment Medical - 686 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 26 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 3 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 12 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 205 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 4 questions
- Clinical Education - 23 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 152 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 7 questions
- Drug Information - 138 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 75 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 16 questions
Pain Medicine Exam Articles (400)
Methocarbamol is a centrally-acting skeletal muscle relaxant (SMR) approved for the treatment of acute musculoskeletal pain. Specific FDA indicatio ...
Brexanolone is a drug indicated for the treatment of postpartum depression in adult women. Brexanolone received FDA approval in March 2019. It ...
Hamstring muscles comprise the three major muscles of the posterior aspect of the thigh. These include the semimembranous as the medial most, long ...
Migraine is a primary neurologic headache, often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, photophobia, phonophobia, or vertigo, and may present with or wit ...
Intraoperative neuromonitoring acts as an alternative to wake-up testing to monitor for impending neurologic injury that is avoidable by alter ...