Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Pain Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology®, American Osteopathic Board of Neurology and Psychiatry®, American Board of Anesthesiology®, and American Osteopathic Board of Anesthesiology®, and American Board of Pain Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Pain Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,001 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 415 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Pain Medicine Certification Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Pain Specialist subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Pain Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls pain medicine prep questions, pain medicine review questions, and pain medicine test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Pain Medicine Certification Exam. 436 authors and 11 editors have contributed to the development of the Pain Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Pain Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Pain Medicine Exam?
The Pain Medicine Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Pain Medicine Exam?
The Pain Medicine Exam is 200 questions.
What topics are covered on the Pain Medicine Exam?
Topics include: General Pain Systems, Assessment and Psychology of Pain,Treatment of Pain: Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, adverse effects, drug interactions, and indications/contraindications, and Treatment of Pain: Other Methods, Clinical States: Taxonomy, Tissue Pain, and Visceral Pain
Pain Medicine Exam MCQs (1,001)
Our question bank for the Pain Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 6 questions
- Cardiovascular - 31 questions
- Connective Tissue - 37 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 8 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 17 questions
- Eyes - 7 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 53 questions
- Genetics - 1 questions
- Genitourinary - 26 questions
- Gynecologic - 17 questions
- Hematologic - 8 questions
- Infectious - 27 questions
- Integument - 19 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 479 questions
- Nervous - 799 questions
- Nutrition - 1 questions
- Obstetric - 17 questions
- Oncologic - 89 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 43 questions
- Pulmonary - 26 questions
- Renal - 12 questions
- Surgery - 174 questions
- Toxicology - 60 questions
- Trauma - 85 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 4 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 16 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 1 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 6 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 1 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 206 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 20 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 337 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 13 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 512 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 4 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 3 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 376 questions
- Classification - 107 questions
- Differential - 415 questions
- Epidemiology - 23 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 87 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 51 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 41 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 3 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 112 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 199 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 8 questions
- History Physical - 1043 questions
- Legal - 10 questions
- Pathophysiology - 471 questions
- Patient Education - 39 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 587 questions
- Toxicology - 42 questions
- Treatment Medical - 721 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 30 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 2 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 15 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 234 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 7 questions
- Clinical Education - 24 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 173 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 8 questions
- Drug Information - 151 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 87 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 18 questions
Pain Medicine Exam Articles (415)
Migraine is a primary headache disorder commonly associated with nausea/vomiting, sensitivities to light/sound/smell, and auras signaling that a he ...
Carotidynia, also known as Fay syndrome or TIPIC syndrome, is a very rare vascular disorder presenting with unilateral neck and facial pain. C ...
The United States Government developed the Federal Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act (Controlled Substances Act) in 1970. One of ...
Intraosseous (IO) vascular access refers to the placement of a specialized hollow bore needle through the cortex of a bone into the medullary space ...
Etanercept was the first anti-tumor necrosis factor (TNF) agent approved by the FDA to treat rheumatoid arthritis. As of this writing, there a ...