Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Microbiology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Pathology® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Microbiology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 644 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 404 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Microbiology exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Microbiology Board Certified Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Microbiology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls microbiology prep questions, microbiology review questions, and microbiology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Microbiology exam. 410 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Microbiology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Microbiology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 7 hours.
How many questions is the Microbiology Exam?
The Microbiology Exam is 340 questions.
What topics are covered on the Microbiology Exam?
Topics include: Laboratory Management: Medical Microbiology - 11%, Bacteria - 36%, Mycobacteria, Nocardia, and other Aerobic Actinomycetes - 6%, Fungi - 16%, Viruses & Prions - 12%, Parasites - 11%, General Methods, NOS - 5%, and Laboratory Management: General - 3%
Microbiology Exam MCQs (644)
Our question bank for the Microbiology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 26 questions
- Cardiovascular - 20 questions
- Connective Tissue - 8 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 33 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 7 questions
- Eyes - 24 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 98 questions
- Genetics - 11 questions
- Genitourinary - 44 questions
- Growth and Development - 3 questions
- Gynecologic - 6 questions
- Hematologic - 35 questions
- Infectious - 688 questions
- Integument - 125 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 24 questions
- Nervous - 76 questions
- Obstetric - 4 questions
- Oncologic - 10 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 1 questions
- Pulmonary - 91 questions
- Renal - 17 questions
- Surgery - 11 questions
- Toxicology - 36 questions
- Trauma - 10 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 5 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 10 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 17 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 36 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 2 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 262 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 311 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 381 questions
- Classification - 33 questions
- Differential - 462 questions
- Epidemiology - 42 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 381 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 409 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 23 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 144 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 106 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 23 questions
- History Physical - 624 questions
- Legal - 2 questions
- Pathophysiology - 458 questions
- Patient Education - 3 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 299 questions
- Toxicology - 31 questions
- Treatment Medical - 110 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 17 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 3 questions
- Clinical Education - 11 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 25 questions
- Drug Information - 19 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 9 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 2 questions
Microbiology Exam Articles (404)
Koilocytosis is a descriptive term derived from the Greek adjective , meaning hollow. Koilocytosis is pathognomonic, though not ...
Human infection due to was first reported in 1967 by a young man on immunosuppressant agents who was working in a stockya ...
is a ubiquitous saprophyte in nature found in air, soil and organic matter. Humans normally inhale the spore form of the ...
Perichondritis of the pinna is inflammation of the perichondrial layer surrounding the cartilage of the ear. Penetrating trauma to the ear, such as ...
Acute myeloid leukemia (AML) is the most common leukemia among the adult population and accounts for about 80% of all cases. It is characterized by ...