Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Physical Medicine Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Physical Medicine® and American Osteopathic Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Physical Medicine Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 718 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 431 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Certification Examination . You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Physical Medicine Physician subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Physical Medicine Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls PMR prep questions, physical medicine review questions, and PMR test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Certification Examination . 409 authors and 7 editors have contributed to the development of the Physical Medicine Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Physical Medicine Exam Overview
How many hours is the Physical Medicine Exam?
The Physical Medicine Exam is 4 hours.
How many questions is the Physical Medicine Exam?
The Physical Medicine Exam is 100 questions.
What topics are covered on the Physical Medicine Exam?
Topics include: Rehabilitation of Brain, Spinal Cord/Muscle, and Connective Tissue Disorders: 27% – 31%, Interventional Therapeutics: Spine and Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment and Pain: 25% – 29, Prosthetics, Orthotics, Sports Medicine, Orthopedic disorders, MSK disorders, Occupational-Industrial, Return to Work and Assistive Devices: 24% – 28%, and Special Populations: 16% – 20%
Physical Medicine Exam MCQs (718)
Our question bank for the Physical Medicine Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 4 questions
- Cardiovascular - 23 questions
- Connective Tissue - 62 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 6 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 13 questions
- Eyes - 3 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 1 questions
- Genetics - 6 questions
- Genitourinary - 13 questions
- Growth and Development - 8 questions
- Gynecologic - 1 questions
- Hematologic - 1 questions
- Infectious - 7 questions
- Integument - 9 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 678 questions
- Nervous - 386 questions
- Nutrition - 2 questions
- Obstetric - 2 questions
- Oncologic - 7 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 4 questions
- Pulmonary - 9 questions
- Surgery - 54 questions
- Toxicology - 6 questions
- Trauma - 169 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 14 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 2 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 8 questions
- Basic Care and Comfort (Assist Daily Living Tasks) - 14 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 12 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 4 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 329 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 3 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 344 questions
- Caring (Hope and Support) - 3 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 1 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 2 questions
- Causes - 293 questions
- Classification - 96 questions
- Differential - 403 questions
- Epidemiology - 13 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 148 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 16 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 27 questions
- Evaluation Nuclear Medicine - 1 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 91 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 212 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 10 questions
- History Physical - 755 questions
- Legal - 1 questions
- Pathophysiology - 366 questions
- Patient Education - 39 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 352 questions
- Toxicology - 4 questions
- Treatment Medical - 171 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 133 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 63 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 75 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 16 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 13 questions
- Drug Information - 5 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 1 questions
Physical Medicine Exam Articles (431)
A knee dislocation is a potentially devastating injury and is often a surgical emergency. This injury requires prompt identification, eva ...
Meniscectomy is a common orthopedic procedure done to alleviate knee pain in the older population with meniscal pathology. It is typically per ...
Weight-bearing is any activity that one performs on one or both feet. It requires that one carry bodyweight on at least one lower extremity. Weight ...
The human spine consists of seven cervical vertebrae, twelve thoracic vertebrae, five lumbar vertebrae, five fused sacral vertebrae, and 3 to 5 fus ...
Tibial tubercle fractures are a relatively uncommon pediatric fracture and account for less than 1% of epiphyseal injuries. Of all proximal ti ...