Our review is designed to help you maximize your score on the Toxicology Exam. StatPearls questions and articles are based on our experts review of the American Board of Emergency Medicine®, and the American Board of Preventative Medicine® topics. Each review course is designed to empower you to assess your knowledge and understanding of medical principles and concepts found on the Toxicology Exam.
Thorough ExplanationsBecome a better doctor with answer explanations that enable you to master the material.
Do better on your exams with answers.Questions and teaching points are continuously updated.
Test Exams & Unlimited QuizzesAssess where your strong and generate practices questions where you're weak.
Performance ReportsActionable intelligence on where to improve.
We have 1,274 Multiple-choice 1st, 2nd, and 3rd order questions with four detailed teaching points linked to 526 PubMed indexed review articles related to the Toxicology Exam. You can customize practice questions to anatomical and clinical Board Certified Toxicology Medical Doctor subject areas. In addition, you will have access to a 250 question pre- and post-test Toxicology Exam to help you target learning and identify areas that need further study. Analytics and reports allow you to compare your scores to other students.
Achieve top scores
The StatPearls toxicology prep questions, toxicology review questions, and toxicology test questions will help you achieve a top score on the Toxicology Exam. 567 authors and 9 editors have contributed to the development of the Toxicology Exam content, which is continuously refined and updated to improve your learning experience.
Toxicology Exam Overview
How many hours is the Toxicology Exam?
The Toxicology Exam is ABEM® - 8 and ABPM® - 3.5 hours.
How many questions is the Toxicology Exam?
The Toxicology Exam is ABEM® - 300 and ABPM® - 150 questions.
What topics are covered on the Toxicology Exam?
Topics include: ABEM® Exam - Principals of Toxicology - 10%, Toxins and Toxicants - 50%, Clinical Assessment - 10%, Therapeutics - 10%, Assessment and Population Health - 10%, and Analytical and Forensic Toxicology - 10%; ABPM® Exam: Principles of Toxicology - 10%, Pharmacology/Toxicology, Molecular Components/Mechanisms - 7%, Cytotoxic Mechanisms, Principles of Radiation, Mutagenesis and Carcinogenesis, Mechanisms of Reproductive Developmental Toxicology, Toxins and Toxicants - 50%, Drugs - 22%, Drugs of Abuse - 6%, Industrial, Household, and Environmental Toxicants - 15%, Natural Products - 5%, Warfare and Terrorism - 1%, Radiological - 1%, and Clinical Assessment - 10%, Therapeutics-10%, Assessment and Population Health-10%, and Analytical and Forensic Toxicology-10%
Toxicology Exam MCQs (1,274)
Our question bank for the Toxicology Exam covers four Cognitive Difficulty Levels:
- Allergy and Immunology - 42 questions
- Cardiovascular - 140 questions
- Connective Tissue - 5 questions
- Ears Nose and Throat - 12 questions
- Endocrine and Metabolic - 97 questions
- Eyes - 30 questions
- Gastrointestinal - 144 questions
- Genetics - 7 questions
- Genitourinary - 13 questions
- Growth and Development - 9 questions
- Gynecologic - 2 questions
- Hematologic - 64 questions
- Infectious - 100 questions
- Integument - 73 questions
- Musculoskeletal - 60 questions
- Nervous - 255 questions
- Nutrition - 26 questions
- Obstetric - 13 questions
- Oncologic - 30 questions
- Psychiatric Mental Health - 131 questions
- Pulmonary - 152 questions
- Renal - 30 questions
- Surgery - 22 questions
- Toxicology - 1216 questions
- Trauma - 52 questions
- Teeth/Oral - 1 questions
- Manage Care and Comply Regulations - 13 questions
- Promote Safety and Minimize Infection - 15 questions
- Health Promotion & Maintenance (Prevent Problems) - 24 questions
- Pharm/Parenteral Therapy (Drugs/Vital Signs) - 359 questions
- Reduction Risk (Post Procedure) - 6 questions
- Physiological Adaptation (Care Ill Patients) - 297 questions
- Psychosocial (Mental Health Patient/Family) - 40 questions
- Process (Analysis, Assess, Eval, Implement, Plan) - 580 questions
- Communication/Documentation (Oral, Written, EMR) - 2 questions
- Teaching/Learning (Promotes Behavior Change) - 1 questions
- Culture/Spiritualilty (Beliefs, Practices, Ethics) - 1 questions
- Causes - 678 questions
- Classification - 95 questions
- Differential - 548 questions
- Epidemiology - 24 questions
- Evaluation Diagnostic Tests - 154 questions
- Evaluation Lab - 295 questions
- Evaluation Monitoring - 73 questions
- Evaluation Procedures - 50 questions
- Evaluation Radiologic - 64 questions
- Health Maint Prevention Public Health - 28 questions
- History Physical - 1258 questions
- Legal - 5 questions
- Pathophysiology - 633 questions
- Patient Education - 24 questions
- Prognosis Complications - 788 questions
- Toxicology - 833 questions
- Treatment Medical - 815 questions
- Treatment Occupation/Physical Therapy - 1 questions
- Treatment Prehospital - 31 questions
- Treatment Radiation - 1 questions
- Treatment Rehabilitation - 1 questions
- Treatment Surgical - 24 questions
- Healthcare Ethics - 1 questions
- Clinical Education - 7 questions
- Therapeutics (Drug treatment) - 264 questions
- Biostatics and Calculations - 5 questions
- Drug Information - 364 questions
- Pharmaceutics (Safely dosing medications) - 128 questions
- Pharmacokinetics (Drug movement in body) - 73 questions
Toxicology Exam Articles (526)
Ciguatera toxicity is a food-borne illness caused by eating fish contaminated with ciguatoxin. This toxin is a potent neurotoxin, and din ...
Clonidine is a commonly prescribed biochemical derivative of imidazoline with a variety of clinical uses. It was originally developed as a nasal de ...
Disulfiram is one of three drugs approved by the FDA for the treatment of alcohol dependence. It is a second-line option (acamprosate and ...
Therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE) is a procedure in which blood or plasma is separated, removed, and replaced with a colloid solution of eithe ...
Magnesium is a glossy gray solid included in the second column (group 2, or alkaline earth metals) of the periodic table. Joseph Black discovered t ...